- We’ve moved!
- Big Dreams, Small Steps
- Summer time, tennis and wellbeing
- “Build it and they will come….. and they did”
- Recovery, being part of the community and overcoming stigma
- Scottish Recovery Network: National Gathering
- Globetrotters update – 200 Million Steps and Still Going Strong!
- A strange and puzzling train encounter
- Inspiration and connections – Reflections on the Scottish Recovery Network Event
- RT @rcpsych: If you are unsettled by media coverage on #antidepressants, discuss concerns with your doctor and decide together whether to c… 2 days ago
- RT @EuansGuide: Tell us what's good (or bad) about accessible toilets in our summer questionnaire 👉 euansguide.com/news/take-our-… https://t.co/4Z… 2 days ago
- Which of these pictures helps you relax? Take 5 mins to let @ProjectSoothe know twitter.com/ProjectSoothe/… 2 days ago
- Pop-up peer support: would you tell your problems to a total stranger in public? mindwavesnews.com/pop-up-peer-th… 1 week ago
- RT @SaraPezResist: #RIPChesterBennington Your beautiful voice will be missed. Your music helped save my life 😢 #SuicideAwareness https://t… 1 week ago
This work by https://mindwavesnews.wordpress.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Reflecting on the events surrounding his attendance of ‘The Technology 4 Good Awards’ in London, Kevin Gallagher wrote this hoping it showed an ear for radio. Night. Hunger drove me out of my hotel room following the Technology 4 Good … Continue reading
The beginning of July was a busy time for Professor Stephen Hawking. On Wednesday 4th July, he was losing a $100 bet with the announced discovery of the Higgs boson sub-atomic particle. On Friday the 6th, he was in receipt … Continue reading
I take it as a very positive sign that, within six months of appearing on the internet, the Mind Waves News project was nominated for a national award. The Technology 4 Good awards are relatively new, but they seem to … Continue reading
The Technology 4 Good Awards in London Friday the 6th of July clearly set the future direction for Mindwaves. I came away from this event with a mixture of optimism and trepidation for the future, although we didn’t win in … Continue reading
The Mind Waves team has developed a note bringing together good practice on how to make suggestions or ask questions about the services you are using. It also tells you where you can get more information. We hope this will … Continue reading
The symbolic nature of The Olympic Torch Relay is certain, but symbolizing what? When it passed through Glasgow on June 8th there was definitely a hunger for some meaning to the event – the hope of re-igniting community pride and … Continue reading
The Scottish Recovery Network has just produced more materials to promote the message of recovery for people who have mental health problems. They have also published some interesting pieces on the use of compulsory treatment. This is my personal experience … Continue reading